If you’re like me, you’re probably trying to shed off those extra 5 pounds before June hits and all of a sudden you’re off to Huntington Beach or Miami, but with that slight 5/8 inch belly bulge. But, regardless, my thirst for good food and baked treats are insatiable! How do I balance both things? Easy. A very small, low-calorie treat, otherwise known as Custard Cup Chocolate Cake.
Custard Cup Chocolate Cake (Makes 4 Custard Cups of Chocolate Cake)
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- 4 pieces (squares) Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
- 3/4 Stick of Butter
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 6 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 4 custard cups with Pam and place on cookie sheet.
- Break chocolate into coarse chunks with butter in a large bowl.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted. whisk until chocolate is also melted.
- Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
- Divide between cups.
- Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute.
4 lovely custard cups. A tiny portion of cake per cup. Just enough to satisfy each member of my family. And just enough to not feel guilt about consuming another huge chunk of calories.
And another nice little characteristic of this treat is the minimal amount of effort required in making it. With two midterms and a French quiz next week, I highly doubt that I truly have time for any complicated dessert. Adieu!